If I made a wrong choice.


I have always thought, that "love promises" are childish acts. They don't last.




Down the road.



A good guy friend of mine found out how sceptical i was about relationship, and decided to ask me a few questions.

He said, "You know that vow you made, that guarantees you not getting a boyfriend in the meantime? It's going to close a lot of doors along the way.."

I said, "It already had."

"You're really serious about it huh? I mean, you don't believe in waiting and happily-ever-afters."

"Yeah, I guess so. Not in the teenage years."

"Why?"

I was shocked. Nobody really asked me this question. And i kind of forgotten the answer to that.

"Well, if you have been hurt once, you'd know how to protect yourself. Besides, at that point we weren't even a couple, and the pain was so bad..i think I'd be badly traumatized if it were to be an actual relationship."

Sensing that i was willing to open up, he popped another question.

"And how old were you then?"

I stopped to ponder...scavenging my memories. Around 13 or 14 perhaps?

"Too young to understand love. huh?"

More like self defense...I mean, after being more matured than i used to, i had never really questioned my choice and decision of being abstinence towards relationship. Maybe it's also because i have not met someone who can convince me so.

Then it really hit me that the only love promise that was completely fulfilled in my life was the Lord's promise.

I mean, who can actually give EVERYTHING for somebody who sometimes doesn't even know you?

I wouldn't, but I'm glad he did.







Comments

Ah Jern said…
we are sixteenth, and i will say we are still too young to understand love thoroughly. x)