Little Buddy-- A Kitten's Story ^^
I just woke up from my sleep last week, heard a mewing from the back lane. It's a faint call, almost too small to be heard. Curiosity got me, and very lucky it did. I went to the backdoor, and try to figure out where the mewing came from. Then i spotted an orange figure, the size of a fist, cuddling ever so tightly under my neighbour's wet kitchen,trapped and mewing softly. Its mother is no where in sight. It is just heart wrenching to hear its distress calls, so I decided to save it from my neighbour's house.
Of course, the mission COULD NOT get any EASIER. There's just one tiny (perhaps BIG)problem, 1. My neighbours are not awake; 2. I had to climb over the fence to persuade that fragile kitty to come out (i hope my neighbour does not find out, but he probably should know i did,because he eventually saw the kitten anyway*^^). No kidding, it was definitely going to be tough alright. I manage to climb over the other side and eventually persuade the poor kitten out. It was startled to see me at first, so bad that it moved more and more into the corner where I can barely reach it. After much coaxing, it FINALLY came out. It's really funny when you need to coax a kitten.I tried talking to it softly, but it did not respond. In order to persuade it out, both me and the cat did this serenade, with meows and purrs. I know this sounds silly, but it works!
Just then I realised that it's eyes just would not open.OMG!! It cannot be a poor, blind little kitten. I barely can imagine the fact that it was blinded by something that it accidentally knock into when it got trapped. I had to sneak into the house, because my mom would KILL me, well literally, for bringing home a stray, more disgusted if she found out it was a CAT!! (FYI: my mom never likes cats, although she had one when she was young...weird right?? i know...) But i digress. the most important thing now, is to clear the trauma from the cat, who knows what has it been through last night...
If i were to be a germ phobic, cleaning the kitten would absolutely be out of the question. Fortunately, i was not. So, I had to use a wet cloth to wipe it clean. And then , the best miracle began to happen. It's eyes began to open!! I was so overjoyed!! I would not want to talk more crap about this, perhaps you should just see the pictures for yourself..XD , it is exceptionally cute!! I took it after it slept for like, three hours straight. Guess it's pretty worn out after everything that happened. My neighbour told me another of its sibling passed away last night, because its mother never came back to care for them. Seriously, it never budge even though there was a construction going on beside my house. Poor thing. Owh, have i mentioned that i had to feed the kitten with milk in a spoon??
~ps. the kitten is it's safe with a friend of mine who ADORES cats...^^ I hope you will still remember me, somehow, because i would always remember you, little buddy!! :)
Comments