6 books_chapt 2.3
"My family was killed for stealing that rare amulet from my land. Your mom's initiative was to use it to protect you, but she blackmailed my mother to get it. She knew my family would get into trouble if that amulet was stolen. She'd rather risk her best friend's life! You're the ultimate reason my parents die, you murderer. And justice shall prevail today." Her voice, trembling, yet exuding pure determination .
"And how would you know the truth? We were merely six when these incidents happened." he could not be more puzzled." Who told you that your parents' death were linked to me?"
"My grandmother and I were the sole survivors during that family wipe out." She contemplated. "Thanks to my special abilities."
"Well, I don't believe your grandmother. Here, if you want the amulet, take it. Don't ever denigrate or tarnish my mother's name. As for my dad, he wasn't as close to me as you think. You knew he was the one that sent me to boarding school since five."
"Shut up, you're trying to confuse me." Agitated, she paused slightly,and then continued. "Now, tell me. Should I give you a chance to defend yourself? Or should I finish my duty?" It was the awkward silence again.
"But I am your best friend? Do you really want to exterminate me? You don't even know the truth! " he reasoned. "Oh, I get it. You just want to defend you namesake, just like your mother! You've changed!!"
"What has it to do with my mother??" She blurted.
"I saw her shadow, and a man's, possibly your father's. They were at my mother's death scene!" Anger fired his throat. "I blacked out before I could do anything. I was a complete failure! HELPLESS!!"
"You and your so called memory. You said they were shadows, which means they might not even exist!!"
"I swear I saw shadows similar to you mother. I'd remember her since I saw her in the garden, and that bracelet you gave me."
"You remembered??" She questioned, in a suspicious manner. "You never remembered me the first time we met in school!! Were you stalking me??"
"Don't be such a paranoid. I was never stalking you. Besides, you look completely different from those times and my memory just recovered. Well, at least, part of it." He murmured.
"Lies! I will never believe. I know you better than you know me, you can never lie to me." She rebutted.
"I am not lying. You did not even give myself a chance to prove the truth."
"I found the truth. And from what I believe, YOU are the murderer." She heaves a deep breath. "Heads up, friend!!"
She flips to a page of the book, and reveals it towards Leon. Instantly an array of dark, horrific monsters were churned out of the book. All of them ready to pounce and seize its prey. Teeth, razor sharp, enough to shred metal into tiny bits. They lurk amongst the darkness. Almost too close for anyone's comfort. Their shadows constantly prowling, waiting for the right moment. Intense. As the howling of the dogs sounded one-by-one, signalling each other that --the time has come. They back down a few steps . Leon senses that something bigger is coming his way.
A massive wolf-like-hound appeared from the book. It landed right in front of Dakara. It's colour blended with the surroundings completely-- as black as night. It's body twice the size compared to the others, most likely to be the leader of the pack. But the most terrifying of the ghastly beast lies between it's red grimly eyes and the bloodcurdling roar, enough to send anybody helter skelter like a scalded cat!! Leon froze out of pure fear. There the mighty beast stood, in poised and position, ever ready to launch an assault according to the slightest movement from it's master...

Comments